Monday 28 November 2011

Writing my radio advert script.

This is the part when i start deciding what my speaker is going to say in my radio advert which will advertise my newspaper as a whole, not my headline. This is because a headline only lasts a day, and i would like my radio advert to be on the radio for more than a day in order to gain the most listeners.

Thoughout my research and plans i decided that i would like make a radio advert which was heard on most local radio stations in the Norfolk area as educated people don't all listen to one particular radio station.

When writing the script, i kept in mind that i wanted o repeat specific important words so that they would drum into my listeners head and they then remember it. It didn't take long to write as i knew what sort of script i was going for - quick, informative, but not too formal or informal - a balance - in order for listeners not to feel intimidated or have the wrong impression of my newspaper.

After i wrote my script, i read it out loud to a timer in order to find out roughly how long the advert would be if i was recording. It turned out to be exactly 23 seconds long - which i believe isn't too long or too short. It gave me the right amount of time to include all of the important information i wanted. I decided to write the script before finding out how long it would be because i knew that i could always edit the script if it is too long or short.

So here is the script which i wrote, then printed out and then annotated to explain why i did certain things to it and what effect it has on the audience:


Overall, i have decided to stick with this script as i believe it is easy for my narrator to say and has a lot of different and good information about my newspaper in it such as the price, the article content, and how often it is sold.

Next Step: find a male voice for me to record saying this script on my ipod. I will not edit the recording because this will take up a lot of time and also, i think it will not make the advert flow as nicely if it has been frequently cut. I don't think that i will have music in the background because it could over shadow what the speaker is saying, and this is the most important bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.