Friday 4 November 2011

Making a SurveyMonkey!

                                             

I was given a good link to a website where you can create your own survey and send it out to people via different medias. You are allowed up to 10 questions which can be as detailed as you want and have as many options as you would like.

The best thing about this site is that it does the hard work of putting your data into graphs FOR YOU, so it saves me time and is more accurate.

I had to make my own account and then my own survey which i sent out to not only people i knew, but also public websites such as 'Yahoo Ask'. The questions i asked were very similar to the questions i did on my questionnaire a while back but slightly improved to fit into the maximum of 10 questions and for them to be answered more easily. The fact that i can have as many answer options as possibly on each questions means that i can be really specific!

I had to design my own layout, name and theme, so it can be personally for each person and different for each questionnaire. They even help you to chose a type of question if you do not know what form it should come in.

I took out the ethnicity question because it wouldn't effect me i don't think of what i would include in my newspaper as it is local. I also took out how often somebody buys a newspaper, as i originally put it in there because i couldn't decide how often my newspaper will be released.

On the last question i decided to be very vague and let the person answering give me their opinion. I just asked what they thought of newspapers, radio adverts and posters in general. Each answer will be the same.

I have kept in mind that the people who answer my questionnaire do it out of choice, and also, they might not all live in Norfolk, or even England. I also know that they might not answer the questionnaire truthfully so i cant base everything on the data i receive back.

The idea that it can be sent through to people via different medias is a way to gain a lot of audiences, but i have also kept in mind that the people who i have asked do know about technology so the data i get back may not be 100% accurate for the whole of Norfolk. It is to be sent out to people i do and do not know.

Here is a link to the survey i made:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PW6KNX6

All i do now is copy and paste that link onto other pages for them to answer it. I will leave the questionnaire for people to do for a few days and then collect the data in.

Here is a print screen of me uploading it to 'yahoo Answers' to see if i can get strangers to answer it:


It sounds very informal to ask such a question and for strangers to do my questionnaire, but i thought that i need to get as many people as i can to answer it!

I have also posted the link on my facebook page, i will also try and post it on this blog to see if i will get anybody answering it. The data results also tells you how participants answered the questionnaire - via facebook, blog etc.

I will soon do a post about the results of the questionnaire!

Last word: Asking people if they are employed or not can give me a basic idea on if they are educated or not, although this cannot be proved or found out so i can not be certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.