Tuesday 15 November 2011

Puzzles.

I am planning to include a couple of puzzles on one of my newspaper pages in order to attract and keep my target audience reading my newspaper. Puzzles are very common in most newspapers because they can influence greatly on how many people purchase the newspaper as the audience feels as if they are getting more for their money. Puzzles are there for entertainment which sharpens the mind and passes the time. I have decided to do a bit more of research into this:

After extensive research with various websites such as: 

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/fornewspapers_puzzles.html
http://www.wordgames.co.uk/page/01index.html

I found that newspapers buy or employ companies to make the puzzles for them, the newspapers do not make them themselves. These companies would probably be used for many years because audiences would get to know a certain style of puzzle. Companies who produce these puzzles would want a trademark style.

Having loyalty with a newspaper guarantees that they are going to be in business. They can also advertise their name on every newspaper that they feature their puzzles in.

I have decided to analyse puzzles in existing local newspapers, no matter where they are in the newspaper itself. I have looked at the placements, style and type of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.