Monday 7 November 2011

Focus Group.

I have been advised to have a constant focus group of people of my target audience to get their comments and reactions to everything i do. This group could be around 2-3 people (small) so that i can get a detailled, honest and productive comments on my ideas so far.

Throughout my blogging process i will be contacting these people again to see what they think of the work i have done so far. I will also be thinking about different ways i can document or record them giving me feedback, such as: voice recording, written interviews, video recording etc.

I am not able to get them all together, but this gives me a chance to get detailed information.

My focus group is going to be 'educated adults' as that is who i am aiming my newspaper at.The first set of interviews i will do will be about my newspaper's basic concept. I may show this prezi to them because it show the main ideas im planning to do: http://prezi.com/sl8utabrj6sl/genresubjectthemearticle-ideas/. I will probably show them the post about my definate ideas.

I will then put the information and the recordings i gathered in order to log my findings and provide evidience at the bottom of this post.

Research Methods

  • Voice recordings - I will also have to provide what they say in text form. They may be a bit hesitant to do this, but it will provide relyable information.
  • I could ask them to write constructive notes on my plans.
  • I could do a basic interview in text form.
  • Video them in person.
My findings and the research i gathered:

Here are the voice recordings, interview answers and notes i gathered from the three people that i asked. These three people were all educated at a university or college level, therefore suit my target audience for my newspaper. They all have children so would be interested in days out.

1. I got my an individual from my focus group to comment on a map i had drawn to see what they thought of my ideas so far. I have also analysed it:



Analysis

This is the part where i analyse what information i have been given, but first there are a few things i need to explain. The writing, i know, isnt easy to see, however i think if you click the photo it becomes closer. Also, the writing is in capitals and may not be easily to read, but as i am going to analyse it, i will explain what needs to be explained. Also, the information i was given was very honest, and i also have a few overall comments which i recieved from the individual who done this map. They are male as i got a spoken interview from a woman.So here is my analysis of what i was told and learnt from this research in a prezi:







There are some overall really good points that i was told:

  • If i was to use colour ink all over my pages and then glossy paper, it would be very expensive to produce, therefore would cost wayy more than £1 to buy, meaning i would loose out of buisness. To sort this out, i have decided to make my newspapermore expensive to buy and not so colourful.
  • He thought that there is no middle ground between a traditional newspaper and a brand new newspaper which is completely different to anything out there. But, i seem to disagree on this. iI have been planning for ages to keep some traditional points and create new features for a local newspaper. I decided to do this because i believe i would hook in the audience who like something and something traditional, therefore gaining a wider and bigger audience.
What have i decided to change and keep? Well, i have decided to keep my newspaper a combination of traditional and new even when she said not to. I have decided to make my newspaper not as colourful as i thought i was going to do. but i am planning to keep my plan of a traditionally size newspaper, but with glossy paper.



2. And here is one voice recording i got after asking for comments on the points on this post: http://oliviasmitha2mediastudies.blogspot.com/2011/11/definate-features-i-am-including-in-my.html



Untitled from Olivia Smith on Vimeo.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.