Tuesday 4 October 2011

Tabloid or Broadsheet.

There are many different things which define both of them. They are quite different, not only in the way they are written but also the way they look and atrract their audience. I have defined which is which and why on a table which i have written. There are also some examples of existing newspapers.





Some newspapers break the rules. This could be to fit the type of newspaper they want to be and what audience they may want to attract. Such newspapers like 'The Mail', 'The Independent' arent the traditional size and like to mix educated with celebrity gossip - they change with the changing times - more people are now educated and we are surrounded by the celebrity world. The more of a variety of stories, the more the variety of the audience - therefore more sales.

My Newspaper

I am finding it hard to decide what type of newspaper i want to make - tabloid or broadsheet? I know that i will have to do some more work on my questionnaires and research of audiences in order to know if 'educated' people are really that interested in celebs or formal writing. It seems as if without thinking about it, educated people would want formal, intellegent newspapers, however im not sure that this is the case - i need to be sure! At the end of all of this research i will finalize what features of my newspaper will have in order to attract my target audience. I have to achieve everything which will attract my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.