Tuesday 4 October 2011

Statistics and Audience Demographics of Existing Newspapers.

As i am making two pages of a local paper, i need to find the statistics of them and the demographics of their audiences. Doing this will give me an idea of what the 'competition' is if i was to really release my newspaper to be sold. I'm going to look at newspapers which are local in my area.


So here is some information i got from the newspaper's websites:


EEN Logo
I had to sign up to this website in order to get extra information on their website. I then had to contact them via e-mail myself asking the demographics of their newspaper. It was quite a formal and informative letter. The statistics of their audience is not something they are likely to publish as they may not want people to know.




Here is a London Newspaper, which is local to London but is handed out free to passers by. As it is free, it may make their audiences bigger and wider, so the audience demographics and stats might not be completely helpful to me, but give me a general idea of what audiences read newspapers (even though i've done a questionnaire)'


Evening Standard logo
To find out the audience information of this paper, i looked at this website -
http://www.nmauk.co.uk/nma/do/live/factsAndFigures?newspaperID=5 - which isn't official so may not give me a realistic idea. The print screen of the website, which declares the stats of the London Evening Standard is below. I know its not clear, but i get the general idea when looking at it, and also it can be seen on the website.




I am sure that i will find out a few more statistics on newspapers in the future and when i hopefully get an e-mail back from the Norwich Evening News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.