Tuesday 18 October 2011

How Can i Produce my Newspaper Poster?

To figure this out I'm going to research how the professionals do it, and depending on what technologies/facilities i have, if i can do it the same way they do - it will make it look more legitimate and professional.


Professionals make these posters with a template, as most of them are of a similar design so they are more unidentifiable as a newspaper breaking-news headline. Using a template makes it so the story is quick to produce and then quick to put on show - every newspaper wants the first exclusive of a story.
When the posters are completed and printed, they are sent to the newsagents (etc) with the papers for them to put them in their sandwich boards if they choose.


My Poster


I have decided that the easiest way to create my poster is to make it on photoshop. This way i can make the poster bigger if i printed it on A3 paper. I was going to do a collage but found that the finished product wouldn't look so professional and sharp.


Even though i haven't even thought about the headlines subject, i have decided to do a few practice ones from existing examples. With the use of the examples, i have thought out my own headlines and furthered it to end with finished posters.


I haven't even thought of what my newspaper is going to be called because i need to think more about it as i want to create the right message. However, even though this is the case, i have still made my own poster:





Here are a few of the posters i have made for practice using photoshop:





This is the first version of the poster that i made. The newspapers name is made up and so is the headline. I like the font, but the letters could be made taller. i was also going to put a golden star next to 'Evening Star' but photoshop didnt let me.










This is the print screen of my edited poster which i then superemposed onto an existing photo (above). This gave me the basic idea to what a poster would look like and how it can be done. This also gave me a chance to experiement with some fonts.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.