Tuesday 27 September 2011

Facebook Questionnaire.

I have decided to do a facebook online version of the first draft of my questionnaire. Even though i cannot get feedback about the structure of the questionnaire itself, i can get a rough idea of what people's views are about newspapers. The questions are exactly the same as the printed-off version.

There are some advantages and disadvantages with using online polls and questionnaires:

Advantages:

- Easy and quicker to answer and analyse.
- The layout is more formal, like a real, professional questionnaire.

Disadvantages:

- I am not getting a wide range of people. I am getting people who only go on facebook.
- These people are my friends so they may be less likely to tell the complete truth.

Here are some print-screens of me making the questionnaire:





Overall, it was a very easy app to use as it guided you through everything. Once i get the results, they will be uploaded in a post!

The Results

After a few days of sending out my poll via Facebook, i got 6 participants' questionnaires back. I sent out around 12 of them. But i think that realistically not everyone is going to reply. I have also kept in mind that i have limited myself with the answers back as the participants are people who obviously know technology and are my friends. Here is the link to the questions and answers of my poll.

http://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/view/9xu9jub3

Analysis:

  • I found that nobody i asked bought a newspaper themselves.
  • The people i asked preferred national, tabloid papers.
  • Everybody i asked would buy a newspaper solely based on the headline.
  • Most of the people i asked walked to school or work listened to the radio on the way there.


Overall

The people i asked were all of the same ethnicity and age range, i didn't know this specifically, but this made my results very straight forward and predictable, and probably not reliable.
The results do not support my aim of my market of 'educated adults'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.