Saturday 13 August 2011

Potential Routes for Exibition and Distribution.

The newspaper

If i was really to release my two pages of my newspaper to the public i would go the traditional route of putting them up for sale in newsagents around the local area. Just like the other newspapers that are about, i would also try supermarkets and petrol stations etc. These are also locations where my target audience is likely to go.

When newspapers are sold on shelves, newspapers are layed on the flat surface at the bottom because they are more flimsy than magazines. I don't think there is any particular order they are in.

There are also people who sell the daily newspapers from vans which are often parked on a busy pavement - especially around my area.


The radio advertisement

As i am creating a local newspaper, i would need to advertise my newspaper on Norwich/Norfolk radio station. I also need to think about the times the advert is to be heard: on the school runs and rush hours - when my target audience is most likely to be in the car or listening to the early morning news.

I need to think up a script and find a narrator when i start to produce it.



The sandwich-board poster

Just like my research earlier, sandwich-boards are usually outside the newsagents where the newspaper can be bought, this is why i still want to focus my poster on being displayed via, because it gains a lot of buyers - lots of people will see it. Both sides of the board normally have the same eye-catching story on it, as each side will catch the passers by from both sides. This way of selling doesn't only advertise the headline of a certain newspaper, it also indicates where the newspaper is being sold, therefore being more convenient for potential buyers. Whatever form or articles i choose to do with my newspaper, i think i would be able to make a sandwich board poster for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.