Tuesday 6 December 2011

Photos for my newspaper.

I just remembered that i need to take the photos for my newspaper article. To make it clear about what photos i need to collect together, i have decided to make a list of the ones i need:

  • A photo of Johnny Depp which isn't copyrighted, i may have to keep searching on the internet for this as I'm sure I'm not going to bump into him any time soon.
  • A trampoline. It for my newspaper headline article which is quite traditional i have decided that i do not want many photos for this as i wont have enough room.
  • A photo of some art from a local new artist. I want a photo of the art and not the artist as i think that this is something which would hook the reader more. I do art A-level (not that i think my art is to professional standard) which i could take a picture of in order to support my small article about it.
  • The new music band i am writing about needs a photo to support it, so i have decided to create my own small CD cover to support the article. I will do this by photoshop as a CD cover can look like anything which isn't offencive.
  • A picture to support the article of fun days out for the family.
I figured out the amount of photos i need by looking back at my drawn plan layout post: http://oliviasmitha2mediastudies.blogspot.com/2011/11/drawn-plan-of-page-layout.html


This section was written after i had just started to make my newspaper's first page:

Here are the photos which i have taken myself and will use:

For the artist article:



I based what i had written in the article around this painting and the imaginary collection which this painting may have been a part of.

The music article: 

Thia photo will be on the second page. I couldnt decide whether or not to have a photo of the artist or their album cover. But i came to the conclusion of what would be more possible to achieve - a music album cover. in order to decide this i looked at a very well known music magazine which has reviews about albums all the time



Johnny Depp film article:



I was a bit concerned as to how i would get a photo for this article as i knew i wouldnt be able to get a photo of Johnny depp myself and also any other photo of him is copyrighted. So instead of getting a photo of him, i chose to get a photo linking to the subject of my article. This gets the reader questioning as to what the article is about if it is also about Johnny Depp. This ffice looks bleak and done - just like the ordinary office.


Family days out article:

                          

I took this a while ago (years ago in fact and found it on my pc) and is taken in a local theme park - therefore if a reader likes the look of this rollercoaster it can be found near them. It is a bright and colourful photo and respresents speed and fun - which would makes families interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.