Friday 24 February 2012

Questionnaires to focus group about projects.

Just to get some feedback from my target audience about my newspaper, radio advert and poster i want to do some questionnaires. I feel that questionnaires give direct, detailed information (depending on the question) and the person i am asking is more truthful as im not there to influence them. So i have put together a questionnaire for each project, got a photo of people from my focus group and got them to answer my quesationnaire while they are looking at my prints or have just listened to my radio advert.
Here are the photos i took of some people considered in my focus group when they were looking at my first and second newspaper page. I wanted them to look at both of them together so they could see how well they work with eachother. My target audience is 'educated adults', which in more detail means they also have children and probably have a good career. The people i have asked are educated and are adults, but do not have children or a career. Eventhough this was the case id thought id ask them anyway for some feedback.

Here are the photos of the open questionnaires i gave them and they have written on them. I need to keep in mind that eventhough they may critise my prducts, i may not be able to change everything to their opinion due to time and in the real world, cost contraints.



This is the feed back i got from my newspaper pages. I was given advice on a big change which i need to make: the boxes on the second page do not work and i need to line up everything so it looks more professional! I asked my focus group.









These are the questionnaires i put out to my focus group after they had seen my poster. Again, they said that this was a suitable poster to finalise.











These are the questionnaires i gave out about my radio advert to my focus group. They overall thoughts on my radio advert were fine, but there were concerns that i would need backing music. I have decided not to follow this due to time constraints. They did mention frequently that it is very informative.







The next post i do will be about the changes i am going to make to my newspaper page in order for it to look better and less like a GCSE student's work. If i look at the pages in comparison, they need to be better structured in order for a individual of my target market to find it appealling enough to want to read. The main problem is that the boxes do not line up, and also they are too attention-seeking and the viewer looks more at those than the text - the text and boxes need to work together as a pair, instead of one ruling the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.