Tuesday 7 February 2012

Asking about my printed newspaper front page.

I have just finished printing out my finished front page after many attempts to do so. As i didnt make my newspaper page on an A3 or A4 page, it was difficult to printing, making parts get cut off. So i n order to make it work, i had to adjust somethings on it.

This photo shows the amount of times i had to print and adjust my page.




I then asked some educated people (eventhough not adults) to look at my newspaper page to see what they thought. I then gave them a set of questions which they could write freely on about what they thought of my newspaper page. 




I wanted to get them to write under the questions i thought up because it would give them free-reign of what they wanted to say, i only make the guidelines of what i wanted them to write about.

 Here underneath are the questions i wrote and printed out, and then what the 2 people i asked thought about my newspaper page. The questions i asked were inspired by the questions i need to ask in my evaluation. I purposely wanted my questions to be vague so that the answers i got were stright forward, therefore simpleier to revise.






So here are the scanned pages i got from four people. Two were my peers as i wanted a general opinion from them, and the other two were from my focus group and target audience:


                                                            1st person, focus group:



2nd person, focus group:




3rd person, peer:





4th person, peer:




I was given a little more extra information from this person, advising me to change the title to something better, local and less humourous? I have been told this quite a lot, therefore i believe it is time to change it. Here is the extra info i was given:



I also decided that i should ask an educated adult, to give a final comment on my newspaper page. I asked her to do the same as these other two people did and i have the scanned sheet she filled out here:

I found that my newspaper is good and hooks my target audience - which is wide, also, i do definatley need to change the look of the word 'trampoline' on my front page. It just doesnt work having it split into two sections, so i am planning to make the 'by' smaller, and then the trampoline could then fit on it. So the next thing i do is to change my newspaper's front page headline title - again!

But what to change it to? With a suggestion from one particular individual from my target group, i came up with the title: 'LOCAL FAMILY DESTROYED'. I think that it makes the story local, and tragic/hard-hitting and also, i would not need to change what i have written. I will change this now and put a copy of it on a next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.