Tuesday 6 March 2012

Changing my newspaper page after focus group questionnaires.

I wrote in a few posts ago that i got feedback saying that the layout of the boxes on my pages was messy. I was also told that i dont need boxes and things need to be lined up to make it look more professional and appropriate for an educated adult. I order to sort this problem out, i have decided to try different ways of altering my pages and then compare them:


Here are the copies that i am going to change. I understand where the comments are coming from as the boxes done line up to eachother and it doesnt look neat and crisp. I have decided that this definatley needs to be changed.



These are what the pages look like once i have lined up all of the boxes. I do see that it is an improvement as it looks more slick and professional. I have had to make the text of the family days out feature a little smaller in order to cater for boxes moving.  I think that i am still going to see what my newspaper pages look like without any boxes to compare them to these ones. I am however going to keep the box surrounding my newspaper's name and slogan as these are important indicators to my target audience.

Here are my newspaper pages without any boxes:




Now that i have removed the boxes, i can see that the text itself doesnt line up, making it look messy and unprofessional like it did before. I do however think it looks better. More easier to look at as boxes arent in the way, especially for my second page. I think i am going to keep the boxes on the front page as they are advertising what is inside my newspaper and i think it makes them stand out more. So the next step is to keep the boxes on the front page, but to keep them lost on the second page and line up the text.


 


 

















If all goes well with the research from my focus group, then i can keep them like this!


I was also sent an email which had links to certain videos on a website to help me with using Publisher:

http://www.teach-ict.net/software/publisher_2003/publisher.htm#basicskills

It is very good and gives a quick run through of the basics of how to use Publisher to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.