Monday 23 January 2012

Focus group interview.

Very soon i am going to put a presentation in front of a group of people to see what they think of what i am doing. These people are part of my target audience (educated adults), however there will also be people who do not fit into that category - this will give me the chance to have other people's perspectives and opinions which i may not have found out myself.

The people will be filmed for two minutes, so it cant be a too long presentation. I have purposely made the questions quick and snappy so that people have a longer time to answer, and also the smaller the question, the more the focus group may feel they can say. It creates less restrictions - however this also does mean i may not get a strong specific answer.

The type of questions that i have asked are fairly basic, yet don't directly apply to my newspaper because i would like to keep information about my newspaper separate - so that i can get truer answers which the focus group don't know if they apply to my newspaper or not. Therefore i can then possibly alter my newspaper with the advice and information i have been given from them.

I have had to be careful as to what i ask because i have finished making a part of my tasks, and it would be difficult to go back and change them. I could have easily thought of many questions to ask, but i reminded myself that i wanted everything to be quick an snappy and i only had 2 minutes to ask the things i wanted. i also think that it would give the focus group more of a chance to further the conversation.
Here is the presentation i have made to show them via Prezi:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.