Friday 4 November 2011

The Definate Features i am Including in my Newspaper.

I decided that i need to round-up completely my year project and what i am going to do with my newspaper, radio advert and poster. This will not only help the examiner, it will help me to keep on the right and uncomplicated track. So here is the list in normal type-form:

  • I am not not going to have adverts as i believe i will not have enough space. I want my newspaper to be direct and i think my audience would like not having adverts everywhere. However...
  • I am going to have small advertisers of my newspaper's website and contact details, which even though unexisting is something that works.
  • I want my newspaper to feature articles about what is on in the local area such as art exhibitions, days out with children, films which are previewing and music gigs.
  • I will need photos to support my articles, therefore i will have to spend a lot of time making sure they represent what i want and are realistic. Time consuming.
  • Colour theme wise, have have thought of a variety of colours such as:


I have kept in mind that i am not a layout or newspaper designer, so i may not get the colours correct. If i was really making a newspaper which would go on sale, i would use a professional to design it.
  • I want my newspaper to cost just over £1 due to my market of educated adults, the idea that the information about gigs and events will be for throughout the months and the wide range of features i would include if i was really making a full newspaper.
  • I want my newspaper to be weekly, as to buy it daily may be expensive and i wouldn't gain as much interest. Also, the information about events may be suitable for the months ahead.
  • The layout of my newspaper must be finalized in the production process as i do not know what would look good. I am planning to analyse a few local magazines about events as to what their layout is like. It has to be clear, locatable but still new.
  • Typography, meaning the font - again this will have to be finalized during the production process on photoshop but it has to be something which is clear and new. Here are a few examples of the fonts i have looked at via Microsoft Word:


  • My newspaper name. I have decided to call my newspaper Weekly Bulletin. I think that even though it is very traditional and I'm sure that there have been newspapers with that name, but right now in this country there isn't. Therefore i have filled a gap in the market. i am going to do a very quick poll to see if audiences like my newspaper's name. It is a very impacting name which i think will catch the attention of viewers. this name will be on my poster and my radio advert.
  • I want my newspaper to be informative more than tabloid as i think it is more educational and would be worth the money the newspaper costs.
  • I would like my newspaper to be on traditional newspaper paper because it lowers the production and buying costs, it would also make it more newspaper than magazine.
  • I am definatley going to have a feature about the events in Norfolk right now and in a few months time. Also about the films which are on - films which would be suitable for my market of educated adults. I will also definatley include a headline story which will affect my target audience and will be the text on my sandwich board.
  • I am going to have a scan square because my I suspect my target market will be involved with this kind of technology. When the square is scanned over, it would link straight to my newspaper's website so readers can be even more involved in my newspaper.
  • I am also going to think up a tag line so i can write it in places on my newspaper pages, one which can be used on my radio advert and is something which is catching and people will remember.
  • I will start an article on one page and then allocate which page the rest of the story is on, getting the reader involved and creating more space for adverts and other articles.
I have kept in mind that throughout everything, I am making newspaper which is new, creative and is aimed at educated adults who like to know what events, culture and arts are going on. The things i have mentioned in this list are final, however, if space or ability makes it hard, some may have to be removed. But if this does happen, i must know what my target market would want.

The next few posts i do will be about my plans and then afterwards i can follow them to create my newspaper, radio ad and poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.